Peter Nardi's CASH CABARET from the SAW DVD


What The Audience Sees:

"This week was pretty sweet. Jamie had me pick three different dollar bills and put them, one at a time, into different pockets while he wasn't looking. He was then able to turn around and tell me which bill I put into each pocket. And on the last bill, he had written exactly what I was going to do before I actually did it. Amazing!"

How It Went:

Awesome. I waited quite some time before picking up the Stealth Assassin and am now wondering if that was a wise choice. I probably should have bought it when it first came out because I use it almost daily. It really is a great investment. It's always been my goal to have every accessory I carry contain some sort of 'magical' property. The wallet seems to be the Holy Grail of magical accessories simply because it has the most potential- card to wallets, peeks, fire, the list goes on and I assure you, I have almost all of them. So I'm pretty happy I've found one I use daily. I should note that I still use my Haslett Fire Wallet in my stage show, though.

However, here on Magic Friday, I really try and not to review entire DVDs or books too much- just one effect from them. I perform for all my different clients (which is a split of about 50/50 between people I know and strangers) and write about how that one effect went.

This Friday's effect was Peter's Cash Cabaret- a routine that is taught on the DVD that comes with the Stealth Assassin Wallet. And make no mistake, this is a fantastic routine. You will need a SAW to perform it though.

It was a bit slow on Friday, so I think I performed this effect about fifteen times and every one had the same great reactions. Not only is it impossible that I knew where the bills went, but what makes it a "knock out of the park" is the fact that I predicted where people would put the bills, as it was written down before hand. Peter writes it on his business card but I wrote it on the bills (my business card has writing on both sides). As long as you make sure the bill is folded with the writing on the inside, it will come as a complete knockout when they unfold that last bill and read what you wrote.

History:

Peter states on the DVD that this routine is based on Stephen Tucker's VISA CABARET but that it was Marc Paul's idea to use money- A truly wonderful idea.

Best Lines:

"HOW DID YOU $^!$%%$ KNOW THAT?!??!" -A gentleman never tells...

"Shut up! SHUT UP!" -I don't think I even said anything.

Angry Bob Rating:

I have a co-worker (Bob) whose uncle was a magician and thereby has a good working knowledge of how magic works. He's pretty grumpy but likes Magic Friday because he can tell me how he figured out how the effect is done.. A high rating means he'll never figure it out.

"Hey !$!%!^&. I've got a prediction. How about I keep this money and you go @$%@ yourself." -I think that's a 4/5.

My Rating:

This really is a great routine. 9/10 great , really. You need to make sure you always have a few bills on you and you're set. I also have started using an old Canadian one dollar bill to write the prediction on and I let them kwwp it as a souvenir. What's a buck to blow someone's mind?

The JDG Tip:

As I stated above, you can write the prediction on the last bill if you don't have any business cards handy. Works for me. That said, you should always have business cards handy.

Closing Thoughts:

Not too much to say about this effect, really. It's very good and it's one that I'll actually be able to perform at a moment's notice, which means a lot. Magic that can be performed Anytime and Anywhere seems to always be the most sought after in our art so it's always a pleasure to find one that meets both criteria.

Anything Is Possible,

Jamie D. Grant
Vancouver Magician
visit: www.whatizit.net

______________________________________________________________

No comments:

Please Visit:

Search This Blog

Followers

Thanks for stopping by!