CUT & RESTORED STRING as learned from Charles Townsend's book World's Greatest Magic Tricks


What The Audience Sees:

'Today Jamie showed us piece of string that we cut into 2 equal pieces. He tied them together but then the knot disappeared and the string was whole again!'

How It Went:

It went A-OK. I didn't really change anyone's life or anything but it still went over quite well. This really is just your standard Cut & Restored Rope but with string instead. I wanted something a bit smaller today and this fit the bill quite nicely.

Best Lines:

'Wow! That's incredible and we're so close!'
-this was from a group that had never seen me before.

'Can I se the string?!?!!'
-always good evidence that it worked out.

Angry Bob Rating:

I have a co-worker (Bob) whose uncle was a magician and thereby has a good working knowledge of how magic works. He's pretty grumpy but likes Magic Friday's because he can tell me how he figured out how the effect is done... A high rating means he'll never figure it out.

'Haven't I %$#$#%#% already seen this one?!!?'
I think he might have been referring to Finer Optics but I'm not sure. As for this rating, I'll have to say 2/5. I'm not positive that he knows how it works but I'm pretty sure he's got a good idea.

My Rating:

A respectable 8/10. I really like the trick but I'm not to keen on having to carry scissors around. Other than that, I think it's pretty good.

The JDG Tip:

I've never been a big fan of having to go to my pocket for 'Magic Dust', so before I begin the trick I say that I need my magic pen for the trick to work, and I use it as a magic wand. It just suits me better.

Closing Thoughts:

I just got in from a gig I did last night so I apologize if this MF's a bit short. I've been magicianing it up like crazy lately and it's starting to catch up with me. Time for bed...

Have A Great Weekend Everyone!

Jamie D. Grant
www.whatizit.net

____________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Please Visit:

Search This Blog

Followers

Thanks for stopping by!