Fantasma Magic's LINKING RING THROUGH STRING


What The Audience Sees:

"This Friday was awesome! Jamie performed two unbelievable magic routines for us and they blew us away! First, he did this crazy string and ring trick. Check it out! He took this ring, and he let me totally inspect it. Dude, it was a totally normal circle of metal. No holes, cuts, breaks, or anything- I checked! And then he took this shoelace. Well, check it out, he could loop the ring on the shoelace without coming anywhere near the ends- it was amazing!!! And, in the end? He made the ring jump onto the shoelace while it was behind his back! The guy's incredible!"

How It Went:

This Friday was a fantastic day. I've been researching a ton of magic over the last few months and I've found some absolute workers. Fantasma's Ring Through String is not only one of those effects but it's also one that's going into my working repertoire immediately. All day Friday, people simply couldn't believe their eyes. There's one phase where you simply throw the ring onto the string that is some of the greatest visual magic you could possibly see. It's really that good.

On Friday, people really enjoyed the effect and I could repeat it again and again with no problem whatsoever. It meets all my criteria that I need for a trick that I'll end up taking to a professional gig- It can be dome standing, people can inspect the ring,it's instantly resetable, and it can be seen by a large group. Awesome.

Best Lines:

"Gaaaaaasspppp!"
-when that ring is thrown on, it fries.

"Did you see what just happened?!!??"
-Yes, lol.

Angry Bob Rating:

For those of you reading this article for the first time, Angry Bob is a co-worker who has an understanding of some magic because his uncle was a magician. Angry Bob knows that TT’s exist, for example, but he has no desire to become a magician himself. He also has an anger management problem that can be experienced first hand if he can’t figure out how a trick is done. A high rating means he has no idea.

You know, to be honest, I was a bit worried. I thought for sure that Angry Bob might just toss out a guess and hit it but he was just as shocked as everyone else.

"Hunh. That's pretty %#^%in good. Where'd you get that? You're still a @^@%^* *@&*@(*&@, though."
- good enough for me to think he had no idea. 4/5.

My Rating:

Well, as you can guess, I'm a big fan of this trick. I've actually started putting it in my pocket whenever I leave the house. I know that when I start doing that that the trick's a 10/10 for me.

I also think that Fantasma now includes a DVD with the trick so that's cool. I did it with three phrases. I would let someone inspect the ring and then tell them I'll show it to them three times:

1) The ring goes on and then magically comes off.

2) The ring is tossed on (no kidding). and then comes off in the spectators hand.

3) The shoelace is draped over my forearm, the ring is placed in my hand, the shoelace is placed in my pocket, and the ring jumps from my hand to being on the shoelace as it's pulled out of my pocket.

The JDG Tip:

I think on that Fantasma teaches the last phase as the shoelace going over the shoulder and the ring jumping onto it while it's behind your back but I jut thought having it come from the pocket was a bit better for me. Just a personal preference but it might be an option for you to try.

Closing Thoughts:

Great day. Loved the effect and so did the spectators. What else can you say about that?

HAVE A GREAT WEEK EVERYONE!

Jamie D. Grant
Vancouver Magician
www.jamiedgrant.com

____________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Please Visit:

Search This Blog

Followers

Thanks for stopping by!