Gregory Wilson's 3/4 Across from his DVD 'On The Spot'


What The Audience Sees:

'This week Jamie showed us three quarters in his left hand. One at a time they magically transferred into his right!'

How It Went:

This seems to be titled, 'Open Palm Coins Across.' on the back of the DVD just to avoid any confusion...

Today was fantastic. I have to say, I often worry that my Magic Fridays are going to be viewed as too lenient because I seem to give a lot of tricks pretty high ratings but what can I say? This trick blew people away. I even chose to do this trick because I thought it wouldn't go over as well as last week's Hundy, but I was as wrong as can be.

It's taken me a fair while to be truly confidant with my Goshman and I'm proud to say that all the practice has paid off. Often, especially if I'm learning something brand new, I get the feeling of, 'Does practicing actually help?' I sometimes think that if I can't figure it out in a day then it must be impossible. That said, the Goshman is something that I've continued to work on over the last year and the difference is astounding. I can go in and out of it pretty quickly and am only sometimes paralyzed with panic that I'm going to drop it. That's the funny thing about being a magician- in some professions (like being a police officer) you would be terrified about getting shot. Us, we're on the verge of a mental breakdown if we drop a quarter on our foot. Luckily, that didn't happen today.

Best Lines:

"WHAT THE %$#%^?!?!" When people curse, especially in an office setting, I know I've got them.

"That is completely incredible."

"Unh." As if they were slapped across the face.

Angry Bob Rating:

I have a co-worker (Bob) whose uncle was a magician and thereby has a good working knowledge of how magic works. He's pretty grumpy but likes Magic Friday's because he can tell me how he figured out how the effect is done... A high rating means he'll never figure it out.

Bob wasn't in today so I'm going to guess and say 5/5. Unless someone knows what a Goshman is, there's no way they're going to know how this is done. I doubt they could reconstruct the routine even if they knew... No one suggested any possible solution. Everyone, and that was about 100 people today, was stumped.

My Rating:

It kills me to have to say it, but 4.5/5. The only reason it gets docked half a point is because it took so much work to get it Perfect.

The JDG Tip:

Practice. The good old Goshman Pinch is a slight worth learning well. It's very easy to get lazy and flash, thereby killing a perfect trick within seconds. Be Vigilant!

Closing Thoughts:

Well, Greg came out amazing in the double header. With Hundy and 3/4 in your repertoire you should be on your way to changing people's lives...

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!

Jamie D. Grant

______________________________________________________________

No comments:

Please Visit:

Search This Blog

Followers

Thanks for stopping by!