The MAGNUM WALLET from Outlaw Effects


What The Audience Sees:

"Jamie is a mind reader. That's all I want to say about it. I mean...No, I can't talk about it. It's too crazy...Okay, listen- he read my mind, okay? HE CAN SEE MY THOUGHTS!!!! I wrote down the name of my best friend, who I KNOW he's never met, and Jamie told me his name. And no, he didn't see what I wrote- it went deep into his wallet, man! It was insane! Do you hear me? Insane!"

How It Went:

Ladies and gentlemen, my name is Jamie D. Grant and I am a wallet addict. It's true. Sorry, what's that? You have a wallet that can launch dancing monkeys from a small catapault that pops out of the inside flap? Sounds great! I'll take two! To be honest, I thought, and my wife, that I could never stop...until now.

Yep, the Magnum is perfect. Finally, my wallet days are over. And it's not just that the Magnum is the perfect way to gain information, which it is, but it is also, for me, the most perfect daily use wallet. It's small, elegant, and truly a beautiful thing.

On Friday, I went through my usual mind reading bit, which I've used many times before:

"Think of someone that's important to you and please write it down for me...Do you know why I ask you to write it down? It's not only to help you solidify your thoughts but we also, I'm afraid, need it to for proof. You see, sometimes people lie. Not to say that if I guess what you're thinking you might say that I'm wrong, no matter what I say, but rather that I'm right. One time, I though a woman was thinking of a South American pygmy chicken, but she was really thinking of Brad Pitt (I found out later) but she told me I was right, as to not hurt my feelings. So this way, we have proof if I succeed. We won't need it for a while, however, so let's put it somewhere where there is no way I can see it...

And there you go. No reopening the wallet. No crazy moves. Nothing. I place the card deep into the wallet, close it, and I know the info. And people go crazy. Really.

Angry Bob Rating:

For those of you reading this article for the first time, Angry Bob is a co-worker who has an understanding of some magic because his uncle was a magician. Angry Bob knows that TT’s exist, for example, but he has no desire to become a magician himself. He also has an anger management problem that can be experienced first hand if he can’t figure out how a trick is done. A high rating means he has no idea.

I'm going to have to say 2/5. It's a hard one, actually. He was stunned for a second, said "Pretty good," then, "Give me the wallet %#%&^@&@^@!" and I almost did, but changed my mind, lol. It would have been too hard to get it back. That said, not a single person all day, aside from Angry Bob, asked to see the wallet. And I have no concern for that at all.

My Rating:

10/10. I am totally, 100% happy with this product and my purchase. I carry it every day as my wallet and I'm always ready to go! What more can I ask for? I'm cured!

The JDG Tip:

Okay, I've got a couple so bear with me:

1) I always carry a pen in my wallet. Always. Here's what I did- I went and bought a refill for a Zebra Pocket Pen. Not the pen, just the refill, which if the exact size of the height of the Magnum (actually 2mm shorter, which is perfect). I then took a Sticky Note and laid it down, with the sticky side up and on the right hand side. I placed the refill just to the left of the beginning of the glue and then fold the note over to the left (over the pen). This created a mini tube for the pen refill to slide in and out of. I then slide the sticky note pen holder into the inside horizontal slot inside the Magnum so that just the tube is out and in the fold of the wallet. The pen slides in and out perfectly and couldn't be a better fit.

2) Okay, now that I always have my pen, I need something to always write on. My business cards are printed in both sides so that's not an option- so I use sticky notes again (the smaller ones). I put these (about 5) onto the backside of my I.D. I then removed the clear plastic window from the outside flap pocket of the Magnum and put my I.D. in instead (so it is now against the "you know what"). It's perfect! Now the I.D. window is, in fact, an I.D. window and when I need to write on something, I remove the I.D., comment on my great picture, and say, "Please write on that sticky note on the back. Hold it up in front of your face so that I can't see what you write and just use the I.D. as a hard surface. When you're done, leave the sticky note on my I'D. but place my I.D. face up on the table so I can't see what you've written.

3) And lastly, I bought some women's black hair ties. The small ones (they're the size of a...I don't know...Snapple cap?) I took one and wrapped it around the wallet so that it's inside of the crease and on the outside of the wallet. That is, if the wallet is open and flat, I put it on via 1 side, and rolled it to the middle. Now there is an elastic on the inside crease of the wallet (right beside my sticky note pen holder). This holds my cash (which is folded in half and under the elastic). Perfect! I have no idea if that made sense, lol.

So, whew, here's what I've got in my Magnum:

LEFT SIDE:

Back Slot- Credit Card (zero balance, btw- that's a life tip, lol).
Second Slot- 3 Playing Cards (for 3 card monte) and my Driver's Licence.
Front Slot- PayPal Card (to access AIP funds.)

MIDDLE CREASE:

Sticky Note Pen Tube with Zebra refill.
Hairpiece elastic for cash (which is folded and in the wallet horizontally.)

INSIDE POCKET (LEFT):

5 business cards.
Left hand portion of sticky note pen holder tube.

RIGHT SIDE:

3 business cards.
Debit card.
NFW.
OUTSIDE POCKET:

Main I.D. with 5 small sticky notes on the back.

Closing Thoughts:

I love this wallet and there's not much more I can say, lol!

HAVE A GREAT WEEK!

Jamie D. Grant
Vancouver Magician
www.jamiedgrant.com
______________________________________________________________

No comments:

Please Visit:

Search This Blog

Followers

Thanks for stopping by!