PRECIOUS METAL by John Zander


What The Audience Sees:

'Today Jamie asked us if we had ever seen anyone bend spoons with their mind, to which we replied that we hadn't. So he took out a spoon and started to rotate it with his hand and asked us if it was bending, to which we replied that he was just turning it. He then went into his 'Magic Pose' but still nothing! But get this! He then took his hand away from the base of the spoon and- IT WAS A FORK & his hands were empty!'

How It Went:

I have to tell you- today was a good time. Sometimes magic can be very serious and moving, while other times it can just be a kick. Today was the latter. I would even go so far as to say this is my new favourite trick if I could justify carrying a spoon around with me all the time. It was just so much fun to perform. All day people were laughing at the slight absurdity of it, but also because it was simply so magical. I love it.

Best Lines:

'Holy S#$%$!- I actually had this more than once. The fork just kind of knocked them off their feet because they were so sure nothing had happened at all.
'OMG! And he isn't wearing any sleeves!!!'- This comment made me laugh because I've never sleeved anything in my life. It's been something I've been meaning to learn but just haven't got around to. They could have very well said, 'And he isn't wearing any socks!' and it would have meant the same thing.

Angry Bob Rating:

I have a co-worker (Bob) whose uncle was a magician and thereby has a good working knowledge of how magic works. He's pretty grumpy but likes Magic Friday's because he can tell me how he figured out how the effect is done... A high rating means he'll never figure it out.

2/5. This is because I got lazy and Angry Bob caught something, but he still didn't know how another action was accomplished. This is my own fault and I should feel bad about it. Shouldn't Angry Bob experience the magic as well as everyone else? It was a great reminder to never get lazy. Sometimes around friends and family we can feel like they won't 'experience' it as well as a lay person but that isn't the case. We need to do everything in our power to make things magical for everyone all of the time. Someone once told me, back when I was a semi-pro athlete, that we aren't Champions some of the time. We're Champions all of the time. Same thing here. Be Vigilant!

My Rating:

I like to give 10/10's to tricks that you can carry around with you, look impromtu, and really affect people, but I'm honestly tempted to give this that rating simply because I might start using this an my opener for when I'm working. To bad it can't be done completely surrounded- It really suits my personality, however. Let's go 9.0/10.

The JDG Tip:

A little something fell off my spoon around half way through the day but I easily fixed it with double stick tape. I think some crazy glue before you start using it might be in order.

Closing Thoughts:

The one thing I absolutely love about magic is that a spoon (of all things!) can be just as powerful as a deck of cards if presented well. I guess that should be no surprise (look at Uri) but it still surprises me.

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE!

Jamie D. Grant
www.whatizit.net


____________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Please Visit:

Search This Blog

Followers

Thanks for stopping by!