Mark Mason's FUTURE ZONE

~ Magic Friday by Jamie D. Grant ~

And we're back! I hope everyone had a great holiday!

What The Audience Sees:

"Jamie did it again! The guy's a %#$%# mindreader! Check it out, he came into our office and showed us a wallet that only had one thing in it- an envelope. He told us that this morning he had placed a single card in the envelope that was in the wallet. Then he pulls out a deck of cards and starts dealing them onto the table and asks me to say the word Stop. I did. He asked me if I was sure. I was. Well, he took the card out of the envelope and it matched the card I stopped at. It was amazing!"

How It Went:

I've been sorting through a lot of Mark Mason stuff over the last couple of months and I decided on performing Future Zone this Friday for a couple of reasons:

1) It can be real quick (if you want) or longer, depending on how you want to present.

and,

2) It has instant reset.

Combine those two with a real fooler and you have the perfect Magic Friday piece. And it went over really well. Over and over again, it blew people's minds and I don't think I had a bad reaction once. It was super consistent and was easy to follow which is also key. The wallet is nice and it's pretty obvious that there in only one card in it.

Best Lines:

"What else do you know, lol!!!!
-Some people might have read into this as flirting.

"Let me look in that envelope! There must be a whole deck in there somehow, lol!"
-Not exactly...

Angry Bob Rating:

For those of you reading this article for the first time, Angry Bob is a co-worker who has an understanding of some magic because his uncle was a magician. Angry Bob knows that TT’s exist, for example, but he has no desire to become a magician himself. He also has an anger management problem that can be experienced first hand if he can’t figure out how a trick is done. A high rating means he has no idea.

"I want the first card m%^#%^ #^#%^#.
-I'm still not sure if that was Angry Bob just being Angry Bob or if he had an idea of what was going on. I brushed it off (as always) and said that it was too late as we had already dealt through the first couple. Still, I'm not sure...2.5/5?

My Rating:

I really like this trick and it played super strong. I loved the directness and the resetability but I'm not a huge fan of needing to carry another deck of cards around. Even though it might be worth it. Let's say 8/10. I think that Mark should put out a small booklet of other effects that can be done with the same deck, or the wallet for that matter. I'd buy a Future Zone companion in a heartbeat.

The JDG Tip:

Use a pencil with your envelope~ you'll know what I mean. Also, do a different card trick first. Then bring out the wallet as an afterthought and rebring (is that word?) out the deck of cards. It worked brilliantly.

Closing Thoughts:

I'm really liking a lot of Mark's stuff. If I could just start linking the tricks together that need special somethings, I think I would be onto something. Definitely an idea to play around with...
Have a great week everyone!

Jamie D. Grant
Vancouver Magician
ww.jamiedgrant.com
______________________________________________________________

No comments:

Please Visit:

Search This Blog

Followers

Thanks for stopping by!