Multi Dimensional by Craig Filicetti

Magic Friday is written by Vancouver Magician Jamie D. Grant

What The Audience Sees:

“How? How? How does he do it?! Check it, man. He’s got a cube, he knows the colour. Simple as that. There’s no way he could know! What else does this guy have in that head of his? My PIN number? Look, it happened on Magic Friday. He came into the office with a small toy cube that had six different coloured sides. He gets us to put it onto the table, where he can’t see it. Well, with his back turned, he tells us what colour is facing up! So we thought maybe he saw somehow, right? So we get Big Ted to hold it in his hands...He tells us again! Finally he gives Angry Bob a small wooden box and tells him to put the cube in the box and then to put the box into my hands once he’s left the room...And he comes back in and tells us the colour! How? Angry Bob punched a hole in the wall, Big Ted started to clap behind his back, and I just stood there and watched my brain melt onto the floor!!!! I believe, man, I believe!!!

How It Went:

I wish you could see the smile on my face right now. Holy smokes, I love this thing! I mean, really love it! So much so, that I took it with me every time I left the house this weekend. It killed! I honestly can’t say enough. Here, how about I give you my entire presentation:


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Okay everyone, I’ve been working on something.”
-I place the cube immediately onto the counter or table. If there was none around, I would hand it to someone to hold.

“I watched this documentary about this guy, Daniel Tammet, called “Born On A Blue Day”. It was about this guy, Daniel, who could see numbers as colours in his mind. He didn’t see the number 7 as a number but rather as a colour, like green or something. As a result, he can do extraordinary mathematical calculations. It was awesome. Has anyone else seen it?”
-Wait for audience response.

“Well, I though that was pretty cool and it led me to something I’m working on now, which is the ability to see thoughts as colours. Or in this case today, colours as thoughts. Take a look at that toy cube I bought. There six different colours, right? Well, I’m going to turn my back and I’d like you to just place it onto the table...”
-With my back turned, I’d name the colour with a question mark. Example. “Black?”

“I think I may have gotten lucky there. Try it again and cover it with your hand. Let’s see if I can do this. Focus on the colour for me...”
-I’d name the colour a bit more definitively. “Blue, I’m pretty sure.”

“Yeah, I know, pretty crazy right?! I’m getting pretty good. But I’ve been doing this a while and some people have thought I could see it somehow. So I had this little box made. Do me a favour. Turn around put it into the box and cover it with your hands. I’m going to leave the room while you do it...”
-I’d walk back in and look straight at the person and 100% confident. “You chose Yellow. I know it.”

Applause, gasps, fainting ensues.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Best Lines:

”You’re too good man, you’re too good!!”

-Thanks Craig!

”What else can you see man? Really...”

-This little thing will make believers out of anyone.

Angry Bob Rating:

For those of you reading this article for the first time, Angry Bob is a co-worker who has an understanding of some magic because his uncle was a magician. Angry Bob knows that TT’s exist, for example, but he has no desire to become a magician himself. He also has an anger management problem that can be experienced first hand if he can’t figure out how a trick is done. A high rating means he has no idea.

Slience. Punch. Walked out. Priceless. 5/5.

My Rating:

10/10. No question. This is one of my prized possessions now. And deservedly so. It’s made so well that it makes my head spin.

The JDG Tip:

I read some questions from people about how to justify the cube and the box and I that’s valid. I’m not much for, “This is something I found.” or whatnot. I believe you have to be honest, in a sense. “This is something I bought to help me train.” worked really well for me, as did, “...and I had a friend make the box to help me further.” In the end, I don’t think there’s any heat on the cube anyway. I mean, it’s so small that there’s now way it can help you.

Closing Thoughts:

This is a masterwork from Craig Filicetti. No kidding. I try to make sure that everything that gets reviewed on Magic Friday is something you can go out and actually use, and I promise you this will be used. A lot. Have fun.

Have a great week, everyone!

Jamie D. Grant
www.whatizit.net
______________________________________________________________

No comments:

Please Visit:

Search This Blog

Followers

Thanks for stopping by!