Dr. Daley's DR. DALEY'S LAST TRICK


What The Audience Sees:

'This week Jamie showed us the four Aces and handed me the two black ones, placing the Club on top of the Spade onto the palm of my right hand. He told us the Club and Spade would switch places and that they then switched back, ~groan~. He then told me to really look at the cards, and they had switched to the Heart and Diamond and Jamie was holding the Spade and Club!'

How It Went:

It went okay. This is a pretty quick trick when presented by itself and while I don't think it changed anyone's life, I feel it went over fairly well. I had a range from, 'That's kinda cool.' to 'WHAT THE #@!$@!' Overall a great packet trick that I can carry around in my wallet, which, by the way, now has enough material in it to present a 36 hour show without doing anything twice...

Best Line:

A group of people going, 'OOOOHHHHHH!' all at the same time when they turned the cards over. You would think I had just done some crazy backflip dunk.

Angry Bob Rating:

I have a co-worker (Bob) whose uncle was a magician and thereby has a good working knowledge of how magic works. He's pretty grumpy but likes Magic Friday's because he can tell me how he figured out how the effect is done... A high rating means he'll never figure it out.

2.5. 'Doitagain!' When Angry Bob asks to see something twice it's because he really liked it or he has an idea of how it was done and wants to confirm it. I think it was the latter in this instance.

My Rating:

I'm going to say 7.5/10. I think it's a good enough trick to carry around in my wallet in case someone asks to see something, but I probably won't be performing it at any walk around function. Well, maybe I would. Someone on the Café mentioned it would be a great follow up to Twisting The Aces, so I'll have to think about that.

The JDG Tip:

In the beginning I think a few people actually couldn't remember if I had given them the black or red aces (spectator nervousness?) so I found myself later telling people, "I'm going to give you the black ones to hold on to..." I didn't do this every time but it's something to consider, I think.

Closing Thoughts:

I just want to say I appreciate all the thoughts and comments people PM me. If you have any questions or you just want to say,'Hi!' please don't hesitate to drop me a line. Take Care and...

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND EVERYONE!

Jamie D. Grant

______________________________________________________________

No comments:

Please Visit:

Search This Blog

Followers

Thanks for stopping by!