TAGGED by Richard Sanders

~ Magic Friday is written and performed by Vancouver Magician Jamie D. Grant

What The Audience Sees:

“Friday was totally off the hook, yo! I mean, seriously! Jamie comes bustin’ into our office and we were ready, man. Angry Bob, Big Ted, myself, and everyone else had a hard week, and we needed some magic in our lives. Angry Bob was practically frothing at the mouth and, come to think of it, Big Ted actually was. Anyways, Jamie gets one of us to pick a card and we know it’s going to come out of someone’s ear or something- we love the card tricks, man! But before Jamie blows our minds, he asks us if we like his new chain. Now, Jamie’s the cooliest but his chain was rather undope, you know what I’m sayin’? It was a regular dogtag like chain. There wasn’t even any diamonds on it. I didn’t want to say anything though, so I’m like, “Yeah, that ah-ight”. And he says, “I know it’s nothing special, but how about now?” And the place exploded! He waved the cards in front of the chain and our card came out of the deck and ATTACHED itself to the chain!!!! Blam! Big Ted goes down! BOOM, Angry Bob starts rushing Jamie to pull it off his head! But that Jamie’s like a ninja, man. He sidestepped Bob and simply pulled it off his head and said, “Lol, here, take it!” and then hightailed it out of there. Then the place went crazy again! We were all checking it out and the chain went through the card!!!! Fo- real! Nutella, man, totally Nutella!”

How It Went:

Some Fridays you just don’t know what to expect. I kind of knew that TAGGED would go over great but at some places it went over REALLY great! And I mean really! I’m guessing it’s because everyone, at one time or another, has tried to put a chain on and off and knows it’s not the easiest thing, let alone having a card magically appear on it.

And, as I expected, the younger the crowd, the better it went. Some effects, like Poker Effects, play better with the older crowd and some effects, like cards appearing on a chain around your neck, appeal more to the younger gang. I figured that would be the case and, sure enough, it was. Everybody liked it, however, and it has an instant reset (except for when I gave it away at the end), which is worth it’s weight in gold. Awesome trick.

Best Lines:

”UNGNGNHH!”

-This was like a collective gasp/moan/groan from three people. And it was in perfect unison. You would think they were part of an elephant imitation society, lol.

”It’s not actually on there dude, whatever...ACKKAHN?!!"

-Believe it or not, you can take it off your neck and hand it out. Totally clean. Sweet!

Angry Bob Rating:

For those of you reading this article for the first time, Angry Bob is a co-worker who has an understanding of some magic because his uncle was a magician. Angry Bob knows that TT’s exist, for example, but he has no desire to become a magician himself. He also has an anger management problem that can be experienced first hand if he can’t figure out how a trick is done. A high rating means he has no idea.

Well, after I escaped his crazed Karate attack, I left immediately so I didn’t have any idea what he thought but...I had to return to that office and, I’ll be honest here, he came right up to me and told me how I did it. I mean, not exactly but pretty freakin’ close. I do what I always do, though and simply deny, deny, deny. I’m fairly good at deflecting people’s thought process but it’s still interesting to note. By the time I left, I know he was doubting himself, but it was interesting. And, as I say, please remember that Angry Bob knows way more than the regular layperson. I am totally confidant that no one else had a clue- but Angry Bob was pretty in tune. 1/5.

My Rating:

I’m going for a 9/10 on this one. It’s instantly resettable, no clean up per se, plays strong, and looks awesome. I’ve already tossed it into a Ziploc bag and into my Close-Up case where only effects I perform at working gig go, so that should say something.

The JDG Tip:

This one was apparent the first time I performed TAGGED. Make sure the clasp (to put the chain on) is on the right hand side. You’ll see why.

Closing Thoughts:

Richard Sanders’ products are always a hit. I don’t think I’ve picked up anything from him that I didn’t like, and actually perform. I look forward to see what else he has up his sleeve!

Have a great week!

Jamie D. Grant
www.jamiedgrant.com
______________________________________________________________

No comments:

Please Visit:

Search This Blog

Followers

Thanks for stopping by!